Wednesday, September 19, 2012


We are officially there! Right in the middle of a tidal chaos that will pull back revealing that everything has changed. I'm dreading the end result and sitting on the edge of the bed hugging my knees and biting my nails.

This is not the first time in my life that I have said "If I knew what was coming, like really knew, I would not have signed up." However! I am so glad I went for it. My husband and I have really done something amazing for our lifestyle and our family's existence. I can't wait to share it with you.

So to get started, I should explain a few things. 7 years ago we bought a house will a plan of renovating it within 5 years and moving on to a new 'flip'. As anyone who decides to have children will tell you, stuff changes. It changes in ways you don't anticipate, can't prepare for and have absolutely no idea about in your life as an individual person. We have spent the last 4 year years in an unhappy state of things, due to the economic shifts, my son's health concerns and a few changes in our financial ability to continue work on the home.

The cruel, wonderful thing about this world is that necessity really is the mother of invention and until we were pushed to the absolute crazy limits we had no idea what we were capable of doing. There have been some times where we were close to collapse and surrender but there was a few points where we just had to make some risky choices to get ourselves into a better situation.

I would like to share some of the journey we have been on and document the path we have currently decided to take. It's pretty exciting and I want everyone to know, it's super hard but totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment