Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cool Tool: Pliers


So here is a quick look at another one of my favourite tools known as the bent nose pliers. Not to be confused with needle nose or snub nose or side-cutters. The bent nose is handy!






I use all kinds of pliers all the time and it's usually just what I can find. These ones I enjoy a particular amount more than most. I find them very versatile for my purposes and although I'm sure I could have eye rolls from the manthing, I really do think that if you do not have a pair like this look for them. They often come in a set of other handy pliers and you should get to know the many little functions they serve. These are great for holding on to something while you do something else, finding the very tiniest part of a nail to pull out of a wall and even reaching into a drain. Bleck. They are good for bending stuff that needs bending and I something about the bend in the nose makes it easier to see what you are doing.

Here are some action shots of pulling out a staple from the subfloor.


 Notice how you can use the bend to leverage a different grips. The bend helps with the force needed for pinching and for uprooting rusty old staples/nails/wires,


ooh


ahhh

So I dub the bent nose pliers a cool tool. As it is not a dewalt anything my hubby may disagree but I think that sometimes the small tools make the big job more manageable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment